February 6, 2012 – Monday
Happy Monday everyone! It’s supposed to rain today and tomorrow…so you know what that means??? LET’S SEW!!! I love to sew when it’s raining… turn on the TV to HGTV or better yet… an NCIS marathon (wow I love those two fellows… so handsome!). I have my laundry done, my bed is made and I’m just going to listen to my little featherweight purr all day! I tried to sew yesterday… but it just didn’t happen! ARG!!! HOWEVER…
I did make a ‘killer’ recipe that I want to share with you! It’s White Chicken Enchiladas(?). They were so easy to make and OH SO GOOD. Take a peek!! Here’s the recipe! Now… make sure you add this to the recipe. I cut up a medium onion and caramelized it in butter – then added it to the sour cream – green chili’s mixture. The onions were a GREAT addition. I would love to take the credit for it… but someone mentioned it in the ‘comments’ section of the on-line recipe and it sounded like a perfect addition.
Do you ever make recipes posted on the Internet? I do… and so far – everyone I’ve made has been wonderful. Make sure you scroll down to the end of the recipe and read all of the comments. You’ll see where people may have adjusted the recipe and made it better!
Chicken enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies (I had a 7 oz can and used the entire can!)
1 medium sweet onion
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. Chop onion and carmelize in olive oil
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream, carmelized onions and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
Do not bake longer than the 22 minutes - they can dry out too much.
Have fun making these and enjoy. It makes 10 of them… HUGE! I DID USE more than 2 cups of shredded chicken. I had FOUR – HUGE – chicken breasts that I simmered and shredded.
p.s. Sorry about all of these silly lines! I have NO CLUE where they came from and I can't get rid of them! (have I told you how frustrating it is when I can't get my computer to do what I want.... arg!!)